Life at Glidewell
Our extraordinary success here at Glidewell is driven primarily by the enthusiastic efforts of our employees. Those who are new to the company are often surprised by the number of team members who have been with us for 20 years or more. We take pride in helping our employees build satisfying, long-term careers with virtually unlimited growth potential. Rewards go beyond just a weekly paycheck and include a positive day-to-day environment that fosters respect, nurtures potential, promotes innovation, and instills a sense of satisfaction, accountability, cooperation, and fun in everything we do.
Balance and Motivation
Life extends beyond the workplace. Glidewell employees are encouraged to maintain a healthy balance between the obligations of job, household, and any civic, religious, or recreational activities they may enjoy. A fresh, well-rounded individual is more likely to remain productive and quality-minded than a stifled one, and therefore we do everything we can to respect and accommodate individual needs. The dynamic nature of our industry and an energetic company environment provide ample opportunity for would-be trailblazers to face new challenges and reap the rewards. Yet we also acknowledge that success is not universally defined, and there is room here for individuals to find and set a steady, comfortable pace.
Family Away From Home
Work may represent only one segment of our lives, but in terms of time and energy, for many of us it’s one of the largest. Therefore, it’s important to us to create and maintain a setting that is both friendly and supportive, so that work feels less like work and more like play. How? Part of it’s the work itself, in making each employee feel integral to the success of the company from which we all benefit. An even greater part, perhaps, is the sense of camaraderie we all share. We seek to hire only positive-minded individuals who are sympathetic toward others and willing to lend a helping hand. Amid the work, we take time off throughout the year to celebrate holidays, personal and organizational milestones, humanitarian causes, and other special events — to recognize and congratulate one another on our collaborative achievements, or simply come together in shared support. While we cannot replace your loved ones at home, we endeavor to provide an atmosphere of family and friendship that our employees can look forward to each and every workday.
At Glidewell, our employees represent our most valuable asset. That’s why we offer competitive pay and benefits programs intended to promote and maintain good health, assist with retirement, support work/life balance, and help provide financial security for employees and their beneficiaries. We are dedicated to ensuring that our employees are leading happy, healthy, productive lives, and our comprehensive benefits plan demonstrates that commitment. Our benefits include some unusual bonuses, owing to our determination to make life easier for our employees. Access to an onsite gym, a discounted employee restaurant, and a wellness clinic — along with discounted shipping for personal packages and discounted entertainment tickets — are just some of the perks of working at Glidewell.
Our Core Values
Glidewell was built on its founder’s core belief that that generating net profit cannot be the primary objective of any great company. Accordingly, the true objective of Glidewell is to produce life-enhancing products for patients while advancing the career objectives of its employees. Rather than distributing profits to stockholders, Glidewell, as a privately owned company, invests a significant percentage of its profits in research and development to sustain growth. This growth and the company’s vertically integrated structure, together with a culture that encourages an entrepreneurial spirit and lifelong learning among all of its employees, provide vast opportunities for upward mobility. Glidewell has adopted the following core values to support its commitment to improving dental health through fostering a customer- and employee-centric culture:
- Value creation: We deliver accurate, beautiful, and long-lasting dental restorations to our customers at an affordable price so they can efficiently help more patients.
- Vertical integration: We control our costs, our quality, and our speed of growth by keeping as many functions as possible in-house.
- Innovation/creativity: We foster an environment that encourages our people to discover and collaborate.
- Industry leadership: We continually invest in new technology, techniques and materials so we can continue to set the bar for quality, service and affordability.
- Agility: We are flexible, dynamic, fast and adaptive.
- High ethical standards: We do not compromise on integrity.
- Entrepreneurial spirit: We encourage everyone to consider the business their own.
- Employee development: We prioritize investment in our people to enhance opportunities for lifetime careers, which in turn builds a company that will stand the test of time.
- Loyalty: Our “One Heartbeat” motto means we work together, honor our values, and remain loyal to each other and the company through the ups and downs of life.
- Fun and work-life balance: We go beyond the usual benefits because whether at work or at home, whole-body wellness and life balance are important to our Glidewell Family members.